Friday, July 24, 2009

Love Quilt

My Aunt Adele called me one day a few weeks ago and asked if I had any fabric scraps she could use in a quilt she was making for my Dad. He's going through radiation treatments and thought a quilt might help keep him warm when he gets chilled.In fact she got fabric from several family members so we would all be represented and showing our love to Dad, though her own fabric collection rivals even the best of fabric stores. She has ALOT of beautiful fabrics.....and she is always making something. She has a wonderful way with fabric....wall hangings, quilts, pillows (in fact I shared a pillow she made when Jon graduated on this very blog.) She worked tirelessly on this quilt and it was finished in amazing time!! Here are some of the squares....some of the fabrics are of state flowers and birds from around the country. In this close up, the Washington State bird...the goldfinch and Washington apples are represented. It was so much fun looking at all the squares she made and remembering the things she made with them. Aunt Adele is known to frequent as many quilt shows as she can around the Northwest....and my cousin Jane goes with her. Like mother, like daughter:)Anyway, here she is holding it up to show the back...she had the quilt machine quilted and presented it to Dad last week. I got a picture of Dad with his quilt, but am waiting for my brother David to email it to me (it was their camera). I'll post it when I can.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

AMAZING! I love it. I love just love quilts...it's all I sleep with. And the homemade ones that have so much meaning in them are so special

Kristie said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I bet that Grandpa is enjoying it. He is surely in our thoughts and prayers.

Debi said...

I thought she said this was going to be a "lap" quilt!!! I don't know what Dad did to deserve such a sweet and loving sister as Aunt Adele. The quilt is magnificant. She is very talented and it seems always doing something good for someone else. Not only that, but she always knows just what to do and when to do it. I can't believe she put that together so fast. Thank you for posting pictures. :)

Rene said...

That is beautiful! I love quilts! Jenny must be following in her great aunts footsteps. It looks like she is working on a beautiful one as well.