Monday, October 20, 2014

Our "Baby" Journey Begins

We left at noon on the dot.....heading out to Utah to greet our newest grandaughter....
Makenna Jane...... as she comes into the world on Thursday.

Inevitably I take lots of scenery pictures along the way, usually of the beautiful Columbia River Gorge....but it was raining cats and dogs through there today, so no pictures.  I did shoot these pics in Idaho.  Not much to look at usually, but today I found myself grabbing my camera for a few shots.
                                These clouds are BEAUTIFUL!!  At least it wasn't raining.
These trees are growing on a tree farm in Oregon...they go for miles and miles.  They are fast growing trees that are harvested for wood. The colors are changing........I LOVE it!
We saw lots and lots of trains today. I was able to get this shot of the engines of a train that went on forever! I think Grandpa Drew was with me today, enjoying them too.

Before we left I busied myself making 9 halloween pillowcases for some of our grandkids. I had alot of fun picking out the fabric....I hope they like them!
All in all, we traveled 8.5 hours today.  We made good time.  We're spending the night in Burley Idaho and will travel on to Salt Lake to see friends and family tomorrow before we head down to Jenny and Logans.  Stay Tuned.......

3 comments:

Debi said...

Beautiful clouds (my favorite), cool trees, exciting train, and fun pillowcases! Hope you have a great trip and all goes well at the Jensen's. Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby! :)

Kristie said...

I loved those beautiful clouds!! :) Such fun, cute pillow cases! Have a good time with that new baby!!!

Debi said...

July 26, 2015 -- I am lamenting the days when you used to post blogs more often....