Saturday, February 08, 2014

Hunkering Down.....

The country seems to be in a deep freeze....we are no different. We're on day 3 of the "Winter Blast" as the news channels have dubbed it. This is our house yesterday, when I was willing to go out in it.

We woke up today to huge snowflakes falling. That was over 6 hours ago and it has only let up a little. Now the wind has picked up and it looks like a mix of snow and freezing rain. Church is cancelled tomorrow. It's been many years since we've had snow in any measurable degree. That's why I don't mind.

As long as I can stay in and hunker down and forget about putting on my makeup, I'm good. Today we're watching the Olympics and feeling like we're there with all of the snow outside. I even made nacho's for lunch....hmmm...the down side is I eat ALOT when I'm stuck inside. Oh well.....
What I say to all the grumpy people who are complaining because of the snow.....GET OVER IT!! HAPPY WINTER.....FINALLY!!!

2 comments:

Debi said...

Happy Snow Day from one snow lover to another! :) Your house is so pretty. It looks like one of the old-fashioned houses from days gone by....

Jenny Jensen said...

Very Pretty! I thought it was funny when you guys were getting the snow and WE were getting the rain. It's like we flip flopped!