Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Going Back

Today was a day for going back.....for all of us. Joshua started his Sophmore year.....WOW!! Time is flying by so fast! When did he grow up? He loved his first day back, although this morning on our white board he wrote the word "school" and then drew a circle around it with a slash mark through it. I'm glad he enjoyed being back to school. Josh went back to BAND CAMP in August and he is LOVING it! The show this year is titled "Bollywood"....it is wonderful!! The kids are doing a GREAT job and I can't wait for all the props and everything to be finished. It is SO MUCH work....he told me that today's practice after school was one of the toughest practices he's ever had. When you see the show you will know why....it is AWESOME!!

Not only did Josh go back....but Richard went back to work after a month off because of his surgery. I know he's glad to get back to normal, but he will miss being home.
And last of all....I went back to work myself. I'm working at a different location this year, same job, same teacher, just a different school.
Going back is actually moving forward, because let's face it.....life is too short to stay the same. We move on...we go back...we learn, we grow, we progress. It's the way life is!!

4 comments:

Debi said...

THIS WAS A GREAT POST, SIS!!! I love all the pictures. It looks so refreshing there in Washington. I am here stifeling in the hot Texas heat....This morning it was cool for about 10 seconds. It warmed up this afternoon, although I must admit, not into the 100's. I'm glad Richard is going back to work and that you liked your day at school. Josh really is getting so grown up. I'm glad he is in band. :)

Amanda said...

Josh looks so cute with his back pack all hooked up:) and your flowers are beautiful:)

Rene said...

I'm glad Josh is enjoying school. We don't start until Tuesday. I'm not ready! I love summer! Your flowers are gorgeous! I'm glad Richard is feeling better from his surgery.

Thompson Tales said...

What school are you working at now? Your flowers look wonderful...too hot here to have my flowers looking good!!!